Everyone has days when
they don’t want to go to school. But if you decide not to go to,
this is called playing truant, mitching, or bunking off. Even
missing one lesson can make a difference to you and it is still
People play truant for
lots of different reasons. Maybe you’re not doing well enough in
lessons or haven’t done your homework. Perhaps you feel bored or
all your friends are bunking off too. Or maybe you’re being
If you miss too much school:
- You’ll fall behind in important lessons.
- You’ll miss out on being with your friends
- It can be hard to catch up with what everyone
else has learnt.
- You might not learn enough information to
What will happen if I miss too much school?
- Your teacher will want to talk to you about
why you’re bunking off.
- Your school will want to talk to your
Do you think your friend or brother/sister is missing too much
- Don’t be pressured by your friend or sibling
to truant or bunk off.
- Try and persuade them to talk to someone
about why they are doing this.
Kidscape Tel No: 08451 205204
Keeping Children and Young People safe is everybodies